Sunday 23 November 2008

Dreams Become Reality at the Old School House (Part 1)


As a young boy i was always very concious of my dreams but it was always the reoocuring dreams that made the most impression on me.One in particular I could never fathom. In this dream I was in the weirdest of environments and my senses were overwhelmed by the strangest combination of lights and sounds, while I was a surrounded by the oddest looking people.I remember trying to descibe the dream to my parents and brothers. I used to say " I had that dream again ,the one where I was inside the "kalidescopic play house puzzle" and there were people dressed like florence and dougal from "the magic roundabout"   ( my childhood bedroom had a magic roundabout lampshade and curtains  , with an otherwise white and orange theme)  I soon learnt to cease mentioning my dreams as nobody was really interested. 
Many years later while at University I was a huge fan of the rave scene and in particular the underground tekno parties of London.On one occasion I ended up at a particularly memorable party. A neighbour Derek C was djing at a party in The "old school house"  of Spiral Tribe infamy  in north london. It was here in the midst of a full on rave that my Flatmate "Chris Genius" introduced me to a graffiti artist named  Wayne "Snooze" and his girlfriend "Super Mandy". At that moment time seemed to stand still and I felt as though I had been struck by a a bolt of lightning . I realised I was experiencing one of my earliest childhood dreams. Even by todays standards Chris, Wayne and Mandy's style cause heads to turn. Both Chris and Wayne are well over 6ft tall and at the time had long dreadlocks, while Mandy is short, has wonderful curves and sports the coolest Afro in town, of course as a young child from a white suburb of Bristol their features, faces and fashion ( they were  both wearing old school addidas three striptracksuits)  were alien to me , as was the concept of a rave. Within days Mandy and Wayne had move into the same house at Clays Lane shared by myself , Kris and my other good friend Johnny Jedi and all four were to have a huge impact on my life.

Click the links for Part 2 and more Lucid Dreams

No comments: