Thursday 28 February 2013

LOST TRIBES






I heard this week that a new project by Goldie  Graffiti artist / STUSSY TRIBE member /  UK Jungle / drum and Bass (Reinforced ,Metalheadz and Moving Shadow) artist and actor, is called "LOST TRIBES". 
Today I saw a flyer for a forthcoming Easter Sunday "LOST". "LOST" were renowned underground techno parties in the early nineties featuring Jeff Mills (Underground Resistance) and Steve Bicknell. During that period I was quite into the hardcore rave scene and influenced by some of the TRIBAL NRG  being propagated by Thee likes ov Mr C,  The Shamen, TRIBAL DRIFT and SPIRAL TRIBE , ... among others. One idea that got into my head was that rave communities were the incarnation of tribes from the past and their dances were places to create positive energy and elevate conciousness through rhythm, dance,... to envision positive futures and bring healing to the world . All hippy stuff I know and I was soon brought back to the reality of how negative energy of fear, jealousy, greed can shatter those dreams, but I was young a psychick youth awakening . Two records I played a lot during this period were a feel good house tune called "LOST TRIBE" and a more melancholy pscychedelic tech house tune called "LONELY TRIBE" I also went to a big rave Universe rave called TRIBAL GATHERING but it didn't quite live up to my expectation.
A couple of years ago I was having a discussion about my philosophical views with a friend at work who wanted to know what religion I am , His conclusion (perhaps because he couldn't fit me neatly in a category) was that I am "LOST".

No comments: